With school coming to a close and summer just around the corner, many families are looking for ways to keep their kids busy. Luckily, there are plenty of fun and creative ways to get them involved in activities without having to drag them out of the house! From attending local festivals to taking part in nature hikes, here are 10 creative ways to get your children active this summer!
How To Get Kids Involved In Activities
There are many creative ways to get your kids involved in activities. Here are four ideas:
- Get them involved in crafts. Crafts can be a great way for your kids to use their creativity and learn new skills. They can also be a fun way for the whole family to get together and spend time together.
- Have family game nights. Playing games together is a great way for the whole family to have fun and learn together. Make sure to choose games that are both entertaining and educational, so your kids will enjoy playing them as well!
- Take them on outdoor activities. Going outside and enjoying nature can be a great way for the whole family to bond and have fun. If you’re able to find activities that are both physically and mentally challenging, your kids will love them!
- Create art projects together. Whether it’s painting, drawing, or sculpting, creating art is a great way for the whole family to spend time together and explore their creative side.
Fun Activities for Kids
Looking for fun ways to get your kids involved in activities? Here are some creative ideas that will have them excited and engaged!
- Set up a craft station: Have your kids help you make crafts together, like colorful bracelets or aprons. This is a great way to get them used to working together and also helps keep them occupied while you do other activities.
- Play tag: A classic game that always gets the kids running around, the tag can be played indoors or outdoors with plenty of variations available. If playing outside, set up a simple ruleset like “catch the ball” or “tag someone who has gone past you” so everyone has the incentive to play cooperatively.
- Go on outdoor scavenger hunts: Kids love finding hidden treasures and this is a great way to give them a little adventure while engaging their senses at the same time. Start by stocking up on inexpensive objects like fruit snacks, small toys, and stickers, and then hide them around the house or yard. Let the hunt begin!
- Make homemade slime: Slime is one of those things that’s both gross and fascinating at the same time, which is why it makes for a great activity for kids. All you need is some glue (or food coloring if you want it to be safe), water, and some plastic toy bits or vegetables. Mix everything together until you have a thick slimy substance, then let the fun begin!
- Make a DIY playhouse: This is a great activity for both kids and adults, as it provides an opportunity to work together on a coordinated project. Start by finding an old piece of furniture that you can collapse down to a small size (a desk or cabinet works great). Once you have your playhouse, decorate it however you like and invite your friends over for some fun in the sun.
Find Mystery Box
Disney Mystery Boxes are a great way to get kids involved in activities. They come with a variety of items, which you can use to create fun and unique experiences for your family. You can find Disney Mystery Boxes at most major online stores, and the boxes come with various activities that you can do with your family. Some of the activities that you can find in a Disney Mystery Box include magazines and mickey ears, puzzles and games, and even stickers!
Here are some ideas to get started:
- Make a Disney movie night. Get everyone into their favorite costumes and watch a movie together while playing some fun games along the way.
- Make a treasure map. Set up a treasure hunt throughout your home, using clues from the Disney mystery box. The kids will have fun finding treasures and getting creative in solving the clues.
- Have Disney-themed birthday party favors. Create little Disney gifts for your guests, like squishes or temporary tattoos inspired by characters from Disney movies.
- Turn your living room into an interactive playground! Place obstacle courses and other toys throughout the room, and let the kids have fun playing together while exploring their surroundings.
What to Do When You Don’t Have Enough Time For Activities
If you’re like most parents, you don’t have enough time to do everything you want to with your children. And that’s ok! There are plenty of creative ways to get kids involved in activities without overloading them. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Get your family involved in outdoor activities. This can be anything from hiking and camping to fishing and bird watching.
- Have family game nights. Play some old favorites, or try new games that your kids will love.
- Take advantage of summertime outdoor events. Celebrate the Fourth of July with a cookout, go on a nature hike during Patriots Day weekend, or watch the fireworks display at the local park on Labor Day weekend.
- Organize play dates with friends or neighbors. This can be a great way for kids to socialize and also get some exercise in.
- Make use of neighborhood parks and playgrounds during off-hours. This is an excellent opportunity for supervised activity outside without feeling rushed or stressed out.
Whether you’re looking for ways to get your kids more involved in activities or just want to make their days a little bit more enjoyable, there are plenty of creative ideas out there. From cooking and baking with them to taking on new DIY projects together, these activities will have your family spending time together bonding, and having fun. So what are you waiting for? Get started!