Whether you’re considering getting your first tattoo or you’re a seasoned pro, numbing tattoo spray is one of the best investments you can make to ensure that your tattoo session is as comfortable and painless as possible. Not all numbing sprays are created equal, so it’s important to do your research before you buy. This guide will provide you with all the essential information you need to make the right choice when it comes to numbing tattoo spray. You’ll learn about the ingredients to look for, the different types of numbing sprays available, and the potential side effects. With this information, you can make an informed decision about the best numb spray for you and your tattoo artist. So, let’s get started!
What Is Numbing Tattoo Spray?
Numbing tattoo spray uses a topical anesthetic to numb the area being tattooed. This means that you’ll be less sensitive to the pain of the needle, and you’re less likely to experience bleeding and bruising as a result. Deciding whether or not to get a numbing tattoo spray is a personal choice. As a general rule, if you’re nervous about getting your first tattoo, you should definitely ask your tattoo artist about using a numb spray. Also, if you have a low pain tolerance, a numbing spray can be a good option for you. Keep in mind, though, that numbing tattoo sprays don’t completely eliminate pain. They just numb the area so the pain isn’t as noticeable.
Dosing is a crucial part of using numbing tattoo sprays. You want to make sure you get the right amount so you don’t feel completely numb, but you don’t experience any pain either. Numbing tattoo sprays are also great for helping to reduce swelling after a tattoo. This is because the anesthetic draws blood away from the skin, which causes the swelling process to slow down.
Types Of Numbing Tattoo Sprays
There are two different types of numbing tattoo sprays: Aqueous cream and lotion Anesthetic sprays. Numbing tattoo creams and lotions are the most common type of numbing tattoo spray. They’re made from lidocaine, a common anesthetic that’s found in many over-the-counter pain relievers, as well as some prescription medications. This type of numbing tattoo spray can be applied with a brush or a cotton swab. While this type of spray is generally very effective, it’s important to follow the directions on the bottle to make sure you’re applying the correct amount. You don’t want to apply too much and risk getting an allergic reaction, but you also don’t want to apply too little and not get the full effect.
Ingredients To Look For In Numbing Tattoo Sprays
- Lidocaine – Lidocaine is one of the most common active ingredients in numbing tattoo sprays. This chemical is responsible for numbing your skin and helping with pain management.
- Epinephrine – Epinephrine is another common active ingredient in numbing tattoo sprays. It’s commonly used to treat allergic reactions and itching. It’s also important for managing pain.
- Tetracaine – Tetracaine is often used in combination with other ingredients to enhance the pain-relieving properties of a numbing tattoo spray.
- Polyethylene Glycol – Polyethylene Glycol is a thickening agent used to make the texture of the numbing tattoo spray creamier.
How To Apply Numbing Tattoo Spray
Before you apply your first numbing tattoo spray, you’ll need to prep your skin. Make sure that your skin is clean and free of excess oils and debris. You should also wash and dry your skin before applying the numbing tattoo spray. Next, you’ll want to shake the bottle of numbing tattoo spray well. Don’t apply the spray directly to the skin. Instead, use a clean, absorbent pad, such as a paper towel or soft cotton ball. Then, apply a thin layer of the spray to the desired area. After you apply the spray, allow it to dry for 3-5 minutes before getting your tattoo done.
Benefits Of Numbing Tattoo Spray
Pain reduction – The main purpose of using a numbing tattoo spray is to help reduce pain. This can help you relax and enjoy your session, as well as reduce any swelling that you experience after getting your tattoo done.
Reduced bleeding – Numbing tattoo sprays can also be used to help prevent excessive bleeding after your tattoo session is over. Reduced risk of infection – Skin infections can be painful and difficult to treat. Using a numbing tattoo spray can help reduce your risk of infection after getting a tattoo done.
Reduced swelling – Numb skin has a reduced ability to swell. This means that if you use a numbing tattoo spray before getting a tattoo done, you’re less likely to experience excessive swelling after the session is over.
How To Choose The Right Numbing Tattoo Spray
While every tattoo shop should have a few different types of numbing tattoo sprays available, they may not all be created equally. Here are the things you should keep in mind when choosing a numbing tattoo spray:
- Active ingredients – The active ingredients in your numbing tattoo spray are important. These ingredients determine the effectiveness of your spray and how your body reacts to it. Make sure you find a numbing tattoo spray that has ingredients that work well with your body.
- Ingredients for allergy sufferers – If you have allergies or are prone to allergic reactions, you’ll want to pay special attention to the ingredients in your numbing tattoo spray. Many numbing tattoo sprays have common allergy-causing ingredients, so it’s important to find a product that’s made without these.
- Price – Like with any other product, you should always keep price in mind when choosing a numbing tattoo spray. You don’t want to spend too much money on a product that isn’t worth the price, but you also don’t want to skimp on quality. Finding a product that is moderately priced is the best way to go.
Numbing tattoo sprays are an excellent choice for people who have a low pain tolerance, are nervous about getting a tattoo, or are getting a tattoo near areas that are prone to bleeding, such as the palm of your hand. However, it’s important to note that these sprays don’t completely eliminate pain. Instead, they use an anesthetic to numb the area being tattooed so the pain isn’t as noticeable. When choosing a numbing tattoo spray, keep an eye out for ingredients that are safe for allergy sufferers. You should also keep price in mind when making your selection.